SET UP A BUSINESS IN MOZAMBIQUE
Mozambique officially named as the Republic of Mozambique. It is a country in Southeast Africa bordered by the east side of the Indian Ocean, Tanzania to the north, Malawi and Zambia to the northwest, Zimbabwe to the west, and Swaziland and South Africa to the southwest. Gateway to Southern Africa through its 3 international ports and various international airports, which provide access to more than 5 landlocked countries in the region of over 250 million inhabitants. Mozambique is a member-state of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC). The SADC free trade Protocol is aimed at becoming more competitive the Southern Africa region, removing tariffs and other trade barriers.
Scroll down for more information on Company Formation in Mozambique.
Company Formation in Mozambique
- A Limited liability company can be set up with minimum two shareholders and it does not require minimum share capital.
- An LLC can be managed by one or more manager
- Branches have to be registered with Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The objective of a branch is usually to execute a specific contract and the activities permitted under the license granted are restricted to the contracts.
Company Registration in Mozambique – Licensing
- Obtain license to operate in Mozambique from the Permit issued by one stop solution (BAU) launched by the Ministry of Industry and Trade. IMC will assist you to obtain business license.
- The personal tax rate is up to 32%
- The corporate tax rate is 32%
- Capital gain tax rate is 32% and dividend tax rate 20%
|Type||Limited Liability Company/Branch office|
|Under Mozambique law, foreigners can own||100%|
|Share Capital||MZM 20.000,00|
|Memorandum and Articles of
|Can the entity hire expatriate staff in
|Tax Registration Certificate required||Yes|
|Statutory audit required||No|
|How long to open Corporate Bank Account||2-3 days|
|Timeframe to Incorporation||5-8 weeks|
|Access to Mozambique
double tax treaties